Skip to main content

Disappointing

Author's Note: Whoever might be offended by my post, apologies in advance.

Doing school works at very long hours makes me zapped at times.
Since I was a sophomore, my hours if work at my house extended; and my body had to go on hard times.I'll usually sleep at 2 a.m.,1 a.m, or at midnight (probably, the earliest of them). Every now and then, effort seems to be similar to staying late at night. But not every time I extend my working hours, I become productive or get good grades.

Even before I enjoy Christmas, I have to toil and exert effort.

Decenber15.Thursday. One day left before the Christmas party and before I can break myself free. I spent long hours doing a project. I made and painted cards, It took me 6 hours (starting at Wednesday) to do that. Patience and effort was kindly kept as I painted my drawings on the cards. I then slept for but a short while: at least 2-3 hours.

I continued doing that project at school. From the time I went inside, I refurnished and finished making those cards. It's not easy after all. I painted the cards, waited for them to dry, and took excess paint that might stick uncleanly at them. But before I could pass them, I made envelopes for them, with the help of my friends.

I have learned as I did these things that the project can be passed next year. But I didn't mind. I've done my effort enough. Will I suffer again at Christmas? Still, I will get some things done during the vacation. But for it to be added? Not at all. Besides, there was a possibility for a nice grade. However, I feel right from the start that the cards wouldn't be given a high grade.

Outside the classroom, the teacher is there. Together with some of my classmates, I passed the enveloped cards. The teacher is crowded with my classmates who seem to be close with that teacher.

At that time, my card is now being checked and judged.

Ali throughout the checking, I got grades that are not that good. I was surprised to see that the first numbers written there before the final grades were given are numbers that are to be subtracted from the final grades. Thanks to anyone who suggested those first numbers.

So what happened next?

Upon receiving those cards, I slowly and quietly went inside the classroom, gradually wondering, gradually reflecting, gradually frowning. Besides, every work deserves a grade appropriate to it. I'll just slowly accept it as the hours went by.

My classmates would say it's better if I made better cards and pass them on 2012.Yes. It would've been better to make a nicer card. But what could I do? I'm sick and tired of the many works that are burdened on me before I could sleep like a baby this yuletide season. I'm sick and tired of sleeping for 2-3 hours. I'm sick and tired. That's it!

I can now say that I'm contented enough that I'm already done at that project, even though my grades are low. At least, I've had effort, I haven't received a line of 7, and I won't need to replace it with repeating it. There's Science and Math. Why should I always burden myself at one subject?

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, the one you wrote at the last part. Sophomore year is really growing on you. KEEP YOUR HEADS UP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!....Keep on reading The Teenage Dispatch!...You may follow it as well..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. Go ahead and comment!

Popular posts from this blog

My Tracks of The Year: 2023

There is a segment on a radio show airing on mid-mornings on BBC Radio 2 in the United Kingdom, where for an entire week (Monday to Friday) a celebrity guest or a well-known personality shares his or her favorite songs, most of which have defined one's life and career. Hence, the title " Tracks of My Years ." I find it a very interesting concept for radio, since songs tell much of one's journey through life. And even in just a span of a year, there's much to tell about someone in songs. With that, I have thought to put a twist to the aforementioned concept and share with you those tracks that mark moments, circumstances, and sentiments throughout the soon passing year. I got many of them from my Spotify Wrapped playlist , but I also selected some within the wide range of what I discovered this year. I'm delighted to share with you "My Tracks of the Year" for 2023. (Scroll past the following Spotify playlist as we go through each track.) 1. Through T

Akalain Mo 'Yon?: Reflecting on five years at work

The last time I have written for this blog is back in 2020, early during the lockdown, and I even at that time I have lost the appetite to sustain the posts. There were a lot of things that happened since then that could have prompted me to return to this blog, but it took five years of a career as a Special Features Writer, then Assistant Editor, then Editor, to bring me back to this blog; and I'm not even sure I can return with another blog post afterwards. For this post, I share my thoughts about those five years at work, which I'm still amazed I had the patience to endure . I wrote all that I could reflect about those five years. I feel that even those aren't enough. But to anybody who's reading this, thank you for your time. — Akalain mo 'yon? That's what I say to myself in every work anniversary so far. But this time, I think I shouldn't stop with that question. It was five years ago when I started writing for a living, typing in front of a computer a

Adrian The Silent

Source: http://www.katarinaforss.com/img/silence.jpg I know it in myself. I cannot deny it. Many people, especially very close friends in high school, see me as a talkative (at the least) and engaging guy. By timing and exposure, I get to speak and talk and converse among people. Yet, many still have an impression of me as the opposite, and I don't deny that. At many circumstances, I'm silent. Quiet. Static. Loner. But, silent is the best term I'll accept. Perhaps this is one of my marks of being a writer; a mark making my desire for writing really fit to me; perhaps the reason why I'm inclined to make my voice heard through written words rather than spoken ones. But, believe me, I want to break that silence. I've already did that before, but I want to do it again. I seek to break the barriers that are still there, and have more connections while still being myself. I've recently heard and learned that it is said that there are 4 personalities in general: sangui