Skip to main content

When Careers Move On

Yeonwoo and Taeha are members to be missed


I was supposed to go back this December with this blog. It took this news to pull me back to writing for this blog. But now, coronavirus disease (COVID-19) came, an enhanced community quarantine goes on, and now I found myself back on this blog once more. I know this is so late already. But I better let this out. Wash your hands and always keep safe.

---
It shocked me, and the many fans of Kpop girlgroup Momoland, for sure, when MLD Entertainment announced that former members Yeonwoo and Taeha would leave the group.

In a statement released by MLD Entertainment last November, it was revealed that the two "are about to make a new start by leaving the team".

"Both TAEHA and YEONWOO have thought deeply about their career path for a long time and upon having enough time for their thoughts, have had much conversation with the company," MLD Entertainment said.

Kim Taeha, who served as the group's main vocalist, has not been visible with Momoland after "Baam", the group's follow-up to their massive hit "Bboom Bboom". 

Moreover, she and then-main rapper Daisy were not with Momoland for their single "I'm So Hot". Back in March 2019, MLD Entertainment found it best that Taeha and Daisy don't join the rest in promoting "due to health and personal reasons"

The agency even said that "[t]he two members will return for the release of the next album", but months later it announced Taeha's exit from the group.

"[F]ollowing careful consideration and respecting her own opinion as a top priority, TAEHA is going to make a new start at a new place with her exclusive contract terminated," the agency said about the former member, adding that they will fully support and encourage her new start as much as possible.

On the other hand, Yeonwoo—Lee Da Bin in real life—was still with the original line-up until "I'm So Hot". Two months after that release, she was also with the members in a collaboration with Vietnamese singer Erik titled "Love Is Only You". 

Following that, MLD Entertainment revealed that Yeonwoo was recovering from panic disorder. "Recently, Yeonwoo has been consistently receiving treatment and is overcoming her panic disorder ahead of filming for tvN’s ‘Cheap Cheonlima Mart’," the agency said in a statement.

A few months later, even while the rumors were initially dismissed, Yeonwoo would also leave the group. "While YEONWOO has had deep affection for her MOMOLAND activities, she has decided that continuing together with her actress activities would be too much strain for both her team and herself so to leave the team and concentrate on her career as our actress," MLD Entertainment disclosed.

Valuable members


Image sourced from: myx.abs-cbn.com
These two are surely missed in Momoland. Their contributions, as I see it, cannot be denied, and so their absence will be felt as they move on with their respective careers.

We've known Yeonwoo to be one of the alluring faces of Momoland. She might be quite shy among the group, but it cannot be denied that she's amicable, lovely, and even funny.

While her quite distinct move in "Bboom Bboom" might have made people say "Woooah", it's simply her beauty, smile, and nice personality that draws fans. Before Momoland escalated to a mature image, Yeonwoo and the initial seven carried a cute concept in their initial releases, which are really worth watching. We heard the former face of the group doing well with rap lines in their first singles plus some good vocals on some of the group's nicest ballads.

Taeha, meanwhile, joined the group in 2017, appearing in the single "Wonderful Love". Taeha made Momoland's sound much better as her splendid vocals—together with Jane's—weaved and blended well, showing that this group are worth appreciating for their vocal talent, not just their appearances. 

The pretty visual and the much-talented main vocalist have been esteemed members who helped Momoland skyrocket to fame, especially in our country, in their own special ways. It was sad to see them go, but beyond that we shall be happy for them as they move forward.

Actually, Yeonwoo has a potential as an actress. Her first official role was in the drama Cheap Cheonlima Mart last year, aired on tvN, and she has been filming for an SBS drama titled Alice, which is reportedly to be aired this year. Acting seems to be a forte for Yeonwoo. Who knows, we might see her in a K-Drama on ABS-CBN or GMA.

On the other hand, Taeha will go a long way with her vocal talent. It is something that will be missed in Momoland today, while it leaves more room for the remaining members to take their talent further (as one could see in Jane belting vocals in "I'm So Hot").

Nonetheless, Taeha, must be looking forward to go back to singing. "I will not forget the gratitude I feel now, and I will greet you in the future even better than before with good music through my new start. Please wait for me a little and please continue to give me your support," she said in her debut post on her personal Instagram account last November.

Reality strikes, even in the Kpop scene. I'm not simply talking about the series of unfortunate events that have darkened the hallyu world last year. What this shocking report has stressed is the truth that as people leave their certain posts in their careers, they are moving ahead to greater things and better days as they keep working hard meeting their aspirations.

As a Merry that still hopes for the best of the now six-member outfit, I also hope Yeonwoo and Taeha the best as they reach for their dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Tracks of The Year: 2023

There is a segment on a radio show airing on mid-mornings on BBC Radio 2 in the United Kingdom, where for an entire week (Monday to Friday) a celebrity guest or a well-known personality shares his or her favorite songs, most of which have defined one's life and career. Hence, the title " Tracks of My Years ." I find it a very interesting concept for radio, since songs tell much of one's journey through life. And even in just a span of a year, there's much to tell about someone in songs. With that, I have thought to put a twist to the aforementioned concept and share with you those tracks that mark moments, circumstances, and sentiments throughout the soon passing year. I got many of them from my Spotify Wrapped playlist , but I also selected some within the wide range of what I discovered this year. I'm delighted to share with you "My Tracks of the Year" for 2023. (Scroll past the following Spotify playlist as we go through each track.) 1. Through T

Akalain Mo 'Yon?: Reflecting on five years at work

The last time I have written for this blog is back in 2020, early during the lockdown, and I even at that time I have lost the appetite to sustain the posts. There were a lot of things that happened since then that could have prompted me to return to this blog, but it took five years of a career as a Special Features Writer, then Assistant Editor, then Editor, to bring me back to this blog; and I'm not even sure I can return with another blog post afterwards. For this post, I share my thoughts about those five years at work, which I'm still amazed I had the patience to endure . I wrote all that I could reflect about those five years. I feel that even those aren't enough. But to anybody who's reading this, thank you for your time. — Akalain mo 'yon? That's what I say to myself in every work anniversary so far. But this time, I think I shouldn't stop with that question. It was five years ago when I started writing for a living, typing in front of a computer a

Adrian The Silent

Source: http://www.katarinaforss.com/img/silence.jpg I know it in myself. I cannot deny it. Many people, especially very close friends in high school, see me as a talkative (at the least) and engaging guy. By timing and exposure, I get to speak and talk and converse among people. Yet, many still have an impression of me as the opposite, and I don't deny that. At many circumstances, I'm silent. Quiet. Static. Loner. But, silent is the best term I'll accept. Perhaps this is one of my marks of being a writer; a mark making my desire for writing really fit to me; perhaps the reason why I'm inclined to make my voice heard through written words rather than spoken ones. But, believe me, I want to break that silence. I've already did that before, but I want to do it again. I seek to break the barriers that are still there, and have more connections while still being myself. I've recently heard and learned that it is said that there are 4 personalities in general: sangui